Our expectations for your participation.
We assume that you, as a professional,
will be an active participant in this course - committed
to completing the course within your personal time schedule. If
you are taking the Creative Problem Solving 101 course as prerequisites
to attending the three day ICP workshop, you should plan to complete
The Creative Problem Solving 101 course prior to the workshop. The
DL course allows you to learn the concepts at any time and in any
place. This is called the e-Learning or distributed learning format.
You are responsible for managing your time spent on learning.
Consider the following
to enhance your productivity as a distance learner:
- Do not plan a single marathon session.
- Plan on spending one to three hours at a time
on one manageable section of the DL at a time.
- Find a location with minimal distractions.
- Have a reliable connection to the internet.
- Take short breaks and incubate on what you
The Creative Problem Solving 101 course requires
approximately 4-6 hours to complete. Actual time
may vary considerably depending on your learning style and previous
familiarity with the subject matter.
We estimate that the sections will take the following
amounts of time:
- Overview - 5 Minutes
- Creativity & Innovation - 35 Minutes
- Person - 35 Minutes
- Product - 30 Minutes
- Process - 120 Minutes
- Press/Place - 80 Minutes
- Summary - 5 Minutes
- Self Assessment - 15 Minutes