In summary, Creativity is a process of generating
the ideas that will foster Innovation in the creation of new or
In this section, you reviewed the
topics of creativity and innovation. While creativity can be fostered
by itself, innovation cannot be accomplished without creativity.
Innovation is the result of applying creative ideas to improve products
and challenge the marketplace.
You also learned about the Four 'Ps' Model for
defining creativity. In subsequent sections, you will learn how
to apply the Four 'Ps' model to develop and foster creativity in
Take a moment to answer the following questions
about concepts of Creativity, Innovation and the Four 'Ps' Model:
- What distinguishes our definition of Creativity
in a business context?
- Why can Creativity stand alone, but Innovation
- What do the Four 'Ps' represent in the Four
Now that you have completed this section of the
course, you should be able to:
- Identify and explain common creativity mythology
- Identify a model containing four critical elements
needed to understand creativity
- Identify a productive definition of creativity
- Compare and contrast the definition of creativity
- Articulate the four dimensions of the Four
This completes the section on Creativity and Innovation
of the Creative Problem Solving 101distributed learning course.
Click the Next button to complete the section quiz.